Hello,

we migrated a php code from FreeBSD 5.x, PostgreSQL 8.x and php 4.x - to the latest versions of these, keeping the configuration options. Now pg_connect started to fail on irregular intervals for no obvious reason. Before we had a problem with the number of connections, but we monitored them and they are less than 10 (out of 100 available).

What other variable (which are sometimes there, sometimes not) reasons there can be pg_connect to fail?

Thank you,
Iv