On 09.05.2007 16:51, Wade Hampton wrote:
On my CentOS 5.0 box with the RHEL version of Postgresql 8.4.2, the

Hey, that's what I call bleeding edge ;)

initial initdb step fails with the error

 "WARNING:  cold not read time zone file "Default" : permission denied.
 FATAL:  invalid value for parameter "timezone_abbreviations": "Default"

strace initdb -D /foo/bar

see what exactly it tries to read and check if it has permissions to do so.

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath