Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
Karsten Hilbert wrote:
On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 10:29:02AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

This is exactly what I was asking about. So my theoretical idea has
already been implemented. Now if only *all* my ideas were done for me by
the time I came up with them :)
Then you wouldn't be able to eventually patent them ;)
I think you are overly optimistic  ;-)
You obviously haven't reviewed the US patent system. I just patented "A textual method for conveying expression without using any standardized language and only predetermined, but arbitrary symbols."

That's already patented by Microsoft.

No they patented:

A textual method for conveying expression without using standardized
language and only predetermined, but arbitrary symbols."

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq