On May 13, 2007, at 10:43 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

It's hard to make any money that way :-(.  Rich Morin used to run a
business called "Prime Time Freeware" that published hardcopy versions
of our manuals along with much other open-source documentation.
He gave up on it some years ago, though, and I doubt that the market
has improved.

Seems like an ideal use of those print-on-demand services like lulu.com among others. The project could post an official PDF of the docs, and take a cut every time someone ordered a printed copy. The question is who would take the time to make a professional looking PDF.