On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 09:49:03AM +0100, John Gardner wrote:
> /var/lib/pgsql/data/.  Shall I just create a directory under here and
> point the tablespace to there?  Any advice would be appreciated.

One of the points of ts is to balance io over different controllers/disks.
Someone should evalulate the current load and overlay the estimated
load of the new app and see if the current data path will support it.
Include growth estimates for all the apps.  If the load is a concern,
create the ts on a seperate io path.  What are the possible results of
not doing this analysis?

       match