On 6/8/07, Billings, John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Does anyone think  that PostgreSQL could benefit from using the video card as a
parallel computing  device?  I'm working on a project using Nvidia's CUDA with
an 8800 series  video card to handle non-graphical algorithms.  I'm curious if
anyone  thinks that this technology could be used to speed up a database?  If
so  which part of the database, and what kind of parallel algorithms would be
used?

You might want to look at:

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/ngm/15-823/project/Final.pdf

...haven't used it though...