On 11/29/2017 05:54 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:

> Yes. That's actually what the autovacuum launcher does. It connects
> using InitPostgres(NULL, InvalidOid, NULL, NULL), and then scans
> pg_database to fetch a list (see get_database_list).

Thanks! It looks like if get_database_list were not static, it
would be just the thing I'm looking for.

Would an SPI query of pg_database also work, in the
bgw-connected-to-null-dbname context? I'm just wondering if
that might be clearer/fewer LOC than just copying the lower-level
approach from get_database_list.

-Chap