On 11 December 2017 at 14:50, Amit Kapila <amit.kapil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki
> <tsunakawa.ta...@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > FYI
> > I collected Web resources to learn PostgreSQL internals in the Developer
> FAQ page.  I did this because I need to provide self-education materials
> for new developers.  Specifically, I modified "How is the source code
> organized?", and added "What information is available to learn PostgreSQL
> internals?".
> >
> > Developer FAQ
> > https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ#
> Development_Tools_and_Help
> >

> > I borrowed most of the information from the following discussion.
> >

> Thanks, looks like quite useful information for the new people who
> want to learn about PostgreSQL especially internals.

While we're talking wiki changes, some folks may be interested in the
recent stuff I added to the profiling with perf page
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Profiling_with_perf  on using postgres's
predefined tracepoints, injecting userspace tracepoints, capturing variable
values at tracepoints, etc.