Stefan,

* Stefan Keller (sfkel...@gmail.com) wrote:
> > Unsurprisingly, we'll need to have an Ideas page again, so I've gone
> > ahead and created one (copying last year's):
>
> What about adding "Learned Index" as project task [*]?
> This type of index looks promising for certain properties.

If you can provide a *specific* description with expected outcomes and
we have someone who can mentor such a project, then I think it would be
acceptable.

We would need to get any potential students on the mailing list before
the project is submitted to try and fill out the specifics around what
such an index would actually look like too, I think.  Without that
guideance, the student proposal would be pretty hard to accept I
suspect.

Thanks!

Stephen