Spec compliant:           not tested
Documentation:            tested, passed

I ran make installcheck-world and all tests passed except one that is a known
issue with the way I have my environment setup (ecpg tests unrelated to this
patch).

Manual tests I ran to see if it Implements the Feature:

1) confirmed that superuser can call pg_read_file() to read files in or out of
data directory
2) confirmed that "tester" can call pg_read_file() only if given EXECUTE
privilege
3) confirmed that "tester" can only call pg_read_file() on a file OUTSIDE of
the data directory iff I "grant pg_access_server_files to tester;"

Documentation seems reasonable.

I believe this patch to be Ready for Committer.

The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer