Diego Silva e Silva <diego...@gmail.com> writes:
> The first function call is 10 times slower than the other calls in the same
> session. Is it possible to shorten this long time on the first call?
> For example. Call my function for once, this call returns at 70ms on the
> next call, the return is at 7ms.

The first few operations in a new session are necessarily going to be
slower than later ones, because of the need to populate internal caches
etc.  If your function is written in a PL you might be able to shave
some time off by preloading the PL's shared library (see
shared_preload_libraries), but that will only go so far.  The real
solution to this class of complaints is generally "use a connection
pooler".

                        regards, tom lane