On Thursday, January 25, 2018, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> The documentation currently says
>
>         The CONSTANT option prevents the variable from being assigned to
>         after initialization, so that its value will remain constant for
>         the duration of the block.

While we don't really have the concept of mutable types other languages
do.  Maybe just saying "from being assigned or mutated after
initialization" would suffice.

I don't see a desirable way to reinforce that the y in arr[y] is unenforced
documentation - in the code or docs - beyond what is already done.  That
distinction doesn't usually come up and for those where it does the docs
will probably be an after-the-fact confirmation of observed behavior.

David J.