On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 6:14 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 5:57 PM, 自己 <zoulx1...@163.com> wrote:
>> thank you for your quick reply.
>> and i have another question, for the following code, whether exist such
>> scene : page_found is false and
>> newmapbuf is invalid, if so, may be the statement MarkBufferDirty(metabuf);
>> should be placed outside the if statement ?
>>

> On a quick look, your observation seems to be right and I think in
> this function we might call markbufferdirty twice for meta page which
> doesn't seem to be required.

Attached patch fix_markbufdirty_hash_index_v1.patch fixes the problem
by calling MarkBufferDirty at the appropriate place in the code.
However, I noticed that we might end up calling MarkBufferDirty twice
for metapage in _hash_addovflpage.  I think we can easily avoid that
as is done in patch fix_markbufdirty_hash_index_v1.1.patch.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.