On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 11:42 PM, Haribabu Kommi <kommi.harib...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Updated patches are attached.

To integrate the columnar store with the pluggable storage API, I found that
there are couple of other things also that needs to be supported.

1. Choosing the right table access method for a particular table?

I am thinking of adding a new table option to let the user select the
correct table
access method that the user wants for the table. HEAP is the default access
method. This approach may be simple and doesn't need any syntax changes.

Or Is it fine to add syntax "USING method" to CREATE TABLE similar like
CREATE INDEX?

comments?

2. As the columnar storage needs many other relations that are needs to be
created along with main relation.

As these extra relations are internal to the storage and shouldn't be
visible
directly from pg_class and these will be stored in the storage specific
catalog tables. A dependency is created for the original table as these
storage
specific tables must be created/dropped/altered whenever there is a change
with the original table.

Is it fine to add new API while creating/altering/drop the table to get the
control?
or to use only exiting processutility hook?

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia