On 20-02-2018 21:23, Tom Lane wrote:
Marina Polyakova <m.polyak...@postgrespro.ru> writes:
On 20-02-2018 3:37, Tom Lane wrote:
4. Try to tweak the stats_ext.sql test conditions in some more refined
way to get the test to pass everywhere.  This'd be a lot of work with
no guarantee of success, so I'm not too excited about it.

Thank you for your explanations! I'll try to do something in this
direction..

OK.  The least painful fix might be to establish a different work_mem
setting just for that one query.

However, if you're intent on putting work into continued support of
--disable-float8-byval, I would *strongly* suggest setting up a buildfarm member that runs that way, because otherwise we're pretty much guaranteed
to break it again.

Oh, thank you again!

I continue to wonder if it's not better to just remove
the option and thereby simplify our lives.  What's the actual value of
having it anymore?

I agree with you, but I have too little experience to vote for removing this option.

--
Marina Polyakova
The Russian Postgres Company