Hello Doug,

Doing the "in progress" way suffers from everything before 'generating data' possibly scrolling off the screen/window.

Yeah, that is a point.

I tend to "| less" when I want to see a long output in details, so it is not an issue for me.

Also, I like to have an information when it is available, and not have to wait for the end.

Finally, note that pre data loading operations are expected to be quite fast, thus not that significant (create table, ...). Longer operations would occur after a large data set is loaded, thus after the large loading progress output which scrolls the screen.

For me, it is much handier to look at one set of duration times all reported together after all of the initialize phases are done.

Then for this apporach the duration data must be stored and then printed in the end.

--
Fabien.