Hello Tom,

Fabien COELHO <coe...@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
This is a simple patch that does what it says on the tin. I ran into
trouble with the pgbench TAP test *even before applying the patch*, but
only because I was doing a VPATH build as a user without 'write'
on the source tree (001_pgbench_with_server.pl tried to make pgbench
create log files there). Bad me. Oddly, that was the only test in the
whole tree to have such an issue, so here I add a pre-patch to fix that.
Now my review needs a review. :)

Yep. I find the multiple chdir solution a little bit too extreme.

ISTM that it should rather add the correct path to --log-prefix by
prepending $node->basedir, like the pgbench function does for -f scripts.
See attached.

Hm ... so I tried to replicate this problem, and failed to: the log files
get made under the VPATH build directory, as desired, even without this
patch.  Am I doing something wrong, or is this platform-dependent somehow?

As I recall, it indeed works if the source directories are rw, but fails if they are ro because then the local mkdir fails. So you would have to do a vpath build with sources that are ro to get the issue the patch is fixing. Otherwise, the issue would have been cought earlier by the buildfarm, which I guess is doing vpath compilation and full validation.

--
Fabien.