On 2 March 2018 at 17:47, Fabien COELHO <coe...@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:

> For instance, I used extensively tps throttling, latencies and timeouts
> measures when developping and testing the checkpointer sorting & throttling
> patch.

I have to admit, I've found tps throttling and latency measurement useful
when working with logical replication. It's really handy to find a stable,
sustainable throughput on master at which a replica can keep up.

PostgreSQL is about more than raw TPS. Users care about latency. Things we
change affect latency. New index tricks like batching updates; sync commit
changes for standby consistency, etc.

That's not a reason to throw anything and everything into pgbench. But
there's value to more than measuring raw tps.

Also, I'm not the one doing the work.