Hi Ashutosh,

(2018/03/08 14:24), Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
Etsuro said [2] that WCO constraints can not be implemented on foreign
server and normal check constraints can be, and for that he provides
an example in [3]. But I think that example is going the wrong
direction.

More precisely, what I'm saying there is: for WCO constraints created by an auto-updatable view over a foreign table, we cannot always implement constraints on the remote side that match with those WCO constraints.

For local constraints to be enforced, we use remote
constraints. For local WCO we need to use remote WCO. That means we
create many foreign tables pointing to same local table on the foreign
server through many views, but it's not impossible.

Maybe I don't understand this correctly, but I guess that it would be the user's responsibility to not create foreign tables in such a way.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita