On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 10:43:55AM +0530, Dilip Kumar wrote:
> I think like WALWriterProcess, we need to call InitXLogInsert for the
> CheckpointerProcess as well as for the BgWriterProcess
> because earlier they were calling InitXLogInsert while check
> RecoveryInProgress before inserting the WAL.

/* don't set signals, bgwriter has its own agenda */
+                       InitXLOGAccess();
+                       InitXLogInsert()

This is wrong, as the checkpointer is started as well on standbys, and
that InitXLOGAccess initializes things for WAL generation like
ThisTimeLineID.  So you should just call InitXLogInsert(), and a comment
would be welcome for both the bgwriter and the checkpointer.
--
Michael