Michael Paquier <mich...@paquier.xyz> writes:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 01:27:35PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> +       if (flags & GUC_LIST_QUOTE)
>> +               elog(FATAL, "extensions cannot define GUC_LIST_QUOTE
>> variables");

> This would be better as an ereport with ERRCODE_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED I
> think.  An ERROR is better in my opinion.

I don't mind making it an ereport, but I think it needs to be FATAL
for the reason stated in the comment.

>> +   record = find_option(name, false, WARNING);
>> +   if (record == NULL)

> LOG instead of WARNING?

I did it like that to match the similar code in flatten_set_variable_args.
In the end it doesn't matter, because find_option only uses its elevel
argument when create_placeholders is passed as true.

                        regards, tom lane