On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 12:28 AM, Peter Eisentraut <
peter.eisentr...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> >> Scenarios where the connection is not yet established, in that scenario
> >> the PQhost() can return the provided connection host information.
> >>
> >> Other than the above, it always returns the proper host details.
> > That remark is from me upthread.  In the case of a non-established
> > connection, I think that we ought to return that.
>
> So, if the connection object is NULL, PQhost() returns NULL.  While the
> connection is being established (whatever that means), it returns
> whatever was specified as host.  And when the connection is established,
> it returns the host actually connected to.  That seems pretty crazy.  It
> should do only one or the other.  Especially since there is, AFAICT, no
> way to know at run time whether the value it returned just then is one
> or the other.

OK.

Here I attached the updated patch that returns either the connected
host/hostaddr
or NULL in case if the connection is not established.

I removed the returning default host details, because the default host
details are also available with the connhost member itself.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia