On Monday, October 11, 2021, Stephen Frost <sfr...@snowman.net> wrote:

> I don't think "just don't grant access to those other databases"
> is actually a proper answer- there is certainly a use-case for "I want
> user X to have read access to all tables in *this* database, and also
> allow them to connect to some other database but not have that same
> level of access there."

Sure, that has a benefit.  But creating a second user for the other
database and putting the onus on the user to use the correct credentials
when logging into a particular database is a valid option  - it is in fact
the status quo.  Due to the complexity of adding a whole new grant
dimension to the system the status quo is an appealing option.  Annoyance
factor aside it technically solves the per-database permissions problem put
forth.

David J.