On 14/10/21 10:40, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 12:37 PM Andrey Lepikhov
<a.lepik...@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

On 12/10/21 18:45, Bruce Momjian wrote:
On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 09:40:47AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrey Lepikhov <a.lepik...@postgrespro.ru> writes:
I think that there are just too many arbitrary decisions that could be
made on what exactly should be a query identifier to have a single
in-core implementation.
Yes, and I use such custom decision too. But core jumbling code implements good idea and can be generalized for reuse. Patch from previous letter and breaking down of JumbleState can allow coders to implement their codes based on queryjumble.c module with smaller changes.

 If you do sharding, you already have to
properly configure each node, so configuring your custom query id
extension shouldn't be a big problem.
My project is about adaptive query optimization techniques. It is not obvious how to match (without a field in Query struct) a post parse and an execution phases because of nested queries. Also, if we use queryId in an extension, we interfere with pg_stat_statements.

--
regards,
Andrey Lepikhov