Hi All,

While I was searching for methods to send the result of a query to the other
side of the world, because it might be nice to go there once in a while, I
noticed
my best option, SSL compression, has been disabled as of version 14. Could
someone please explain to me, why compression is being considered unsafe /
insecure?

Transmissions to areas outside of Europe cost €5/mb at the moment and that
makes SSL compression, or compression in general a vital component of d
ata transmissions.

Might the underlying reason be, that certain people have shown interest in my
libpq/PQblockwrite algorithms (
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/c7cccd0777f39c53b9514e3824badf276759fa87.camel%40cyberfiber.eu)
 but felt turned down and are now persuading me to trade
the algorithms against SSL compression, than just say so please. I'll see what
I can do.

Best regards,
Mischa Baars.