On 19.11.21 08:58, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 12:50:38PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
I'm not a different vendor, but I do work on different code than you
do, and I like this. Advanced Server accidentally dodges this problem
at present by shipping with a different FUNC_MAX_ARGS value, but this
is much cleaner.

I am pretty sure that Greenplum could benefit from something like
that.  As a whole, using a string looks like a good idea for that.

Would it be reasonable to consider something similar for the control
file, for the benefit of distributions that are not the same on disk?

Hmm.  Wouldn't that cause more harm than actual benefits?

The catalog version already serves this purpose.