On 12/2/21 11:00, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

On 12/1/21 19:30, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
On 12/1/21, 10:37 AM, "Bossart, Nathan" <bossa...@amazon.com> wrote:
On 12/1/21, 8:27 AM, "David Steele" <da...@pgmasters.net> wrote:
On 11/30/21 18:31, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
Do you think it's still worth trying to make it safe, or do you think
we should just remove exclusive mode completely?
My preference would be to remove it completely, but I haven't gotten a
lot of traction so far.
In this thread, I count 6 people who seem alright with removing it,
and 2 who might be opposed, although I don't think anyone has
explicitly stated they are against it.
I hastily rebased the patch from 2018 and got it building and passing
the tests.  I'm sure it will need additional changes, but I'll wait
for more feedback before I expend too much more effort on this.

Should we really be getting rid of
PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster::backup_fs_hot() ?

Agreed, it would be better to update backup_fs_hot() to use exclusive mode and save out backup_label instead.

Regards,
-David