I've pushed the part adding stxdinherit flag to the catalog, so that on master we build statistics both with and without data from the child relations.

I'm not going to push the ACL refactoring. We have similar code on various other places (not addressed by the proposed patch), and it'd make backpatching harder. So I'm not sure it'd be an improvement.

In any case, I'm going to mark this as committed. Justin, if you think we should reconsider the ACL refactoring, please submit it as a separate patch. It seems mostly unrelated to the issue this thread was about.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company