On 2022/01/26 14:28, torikoshia wrote:
On 2022-01-26 13:17, Fujii Masao wrote:
Hi,

pg_log_backend_memory_contexts() should be designed not to send the
messages about the memory contexts to the client regardless of
client_min_messages. But I found that the message "logging memory
contexts of PID %d" can be sent to the client because it's ereport()'d
with LOG level instead of LOG_SERVER_ONLY. Is this a bug, and
shouldn't we use LOG_SERVER_ONLY level to log that message? Patch
attached.

Regards,

Thanks! I think it's a bug.

There are two clients: "the client that executed pg_log_backend_memory_contexts()" and
"the client that issued the query that was the target of the memory context logging", but
I was only concerned about the former when I wrote that part of the code.
The latter is not expected.

It seems better to use LOG_SERVER_ONLY as the attached patch.

The patch was successfully applied and there was no regression test error on my
environment.

Thanks for the review! So barring any objection, I will commit the patch and
backport it to v14 where pg_log_backend_memory_contexts() is added.

Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center
Research and Development Headquarters
NTT DATA CORPORATION