On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 11:48 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Magnus Hagander <mag...@hagander.net> writes:
> > I have now pushed this latest version with some minor text adjustments
> and
> > a catversion bump.
>
> crake is not happy --- it's failing cross-version upgrade tests because:
>

> Performing Consistency Checks
> -----------------------------
> Checking cluster versions                                   ok
>
> old cluster uses data checksums but the new one does not
> Failure, exiting
>

> This seems to indicate that you broke pg_upgrade's detection of
> checksumming status, or that this patch changed the default
> checksum state (which it surely isn't described as doing).

It's not supposed to.

Without checking into it (just about off to bed now), one guess is that
it's actually a leftover from a previous stage -- what state is the cluster
actually in when it does that upgrade? Because the specific checksums tests
do leave their cluster with checksums on, which I think would perhaps be
the outcome of the testmodules-install-check-C test. The actual definition
of those tests are somewhere in the buildfarm client code, right?

In that case, the easy fix is probably to have the checksums tests actually
turn off the checksums again when they're done.

--
 Magnus Hagander