On 28.02.2022 at 10:24, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
On 28.02.22 09:41, Brar Piening wrote:
On Feb 25, 2022 at 14:31, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
I think that kind of stuff would be added in via the web site
stylesheets, so you wouldn't have to deal with XSLT at all.

True for the CSS but  adding the HTML (<a
href="#PROTOCOL-LOGICALREP-MESSAGE-FORMATS-INSERT" class="anchor">#</a>)
will need either XSLT or Javascript.

That is already done by your proposed patch, isn't it?

No it isn't. My proposed patch performs the simple task of adding ids to
the dt elements (e.g. <dt id="PROTOCOL-LOGICALREP-MESSAGE-FORMATS-INSERT">).

This makes them usable as targets for links but they remain invisible to
users of the docs who don't know about them, and unusable to users who
don't know how to extract them from the HTML source code.

The links (e.g. <a href="#PROTOCOL-LOGICALREP-MESSAGE-FORMATS-INSERT"
class="anchor">#</a>) aren't added by the current XSLT transformations
from Docbooc to HTML.

Adding them would create a visible element (I propose a hash '#') next
to the description term (inside the <dt> element after the text) that
you can click on to put the link into the address bar, from where it can
be copied for further usage.