Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@alvh.no-ip.org> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> $(OBJS): | submake-generated-headers
>> but I took it out thinking it was no longer needed.
>>
>> The short-term solution seems to be to put that back, but that's sort
>> of annoying because it means this isn't a bulletproof solution.

> Isn't it possible to put it in some common.mk file rather than each
> individual Makefile?

I thought about putting the above into Makefile.global, but it'd only
work in cases where $(OBJS) gets set before including Makefile.global,
which turns out to be nearly noplace.  So we'd still end up touching
an awful lot of makefiles to make it work, for relatively little
practical benefit.

                        regards, tom lane