On Thu, Jun 2, 2022 at 9:31 PM David Geier <geidav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We recently encountered the same bug in the field. Oleksii Kozlov managed to
> come up with reproduction steps, which reliably trigger it. Interestingly,
> the bug does not only manifest as failing assertion, but also as segmentation
> fault; in builds with disabled and with enabled (!) assertions. So it can
> crash production environments. We applied the proposed patch v3 from Melanie
> to the REL_14_3 branch and can confirm that with the patch neither the
> assertion nor the segmentation fault still occur.

Thanks for the report, testing, and for creating the CF entry.

I assume you are using parallel_leader_participation=off, and the
reason we haven't heard more about this is because few people do that.
By coincidence I was just about to restart a bunch of hash join
projects and have been paging the topic area back into my brain, so
I'll start with another round of testing/analysis of this bug/patch
next week.