On Sun, Jul 3, 2022 11:00 PM vignesh C <vignes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the comments, the attached v27 patch has the changes for the
> same.

Thanks for updating the patch.

A comment on 0003 patch:
+               /*
+                * No need to throw an error for the tables that are in ready
state,
+                * as the walsender will send the changes from WAL in case of
tables
+                * in ready state.
+                */
+               if (isreadytable)
+                       continue;
+
+               ereport(ERROR,
+
errcode(ERRCODE_OBJECT_NOT_IN_PREREQUISITE_STATE),
+                               errmsg("table: \"%s.%s\" might have replicated
data in the publisher",
+                                          nspname, relname),
+                               errdetail("CREATE/ALTER SUBSCRIPTION with
origin = local and copy_data = on is not allowed when the publisher might have
replicated data."),
+                               errhint("Use CREATE/ALTER SUBSCRIPTION with
copy_data = off/force."));
+
+               ExecClearTuple(slot);

I think we should call ExecClearTuple() before getting next tuple, so it should
be called if the table is in ready state. How about modifying it to:
                if (!isreadytable)
                        ereport(ERROR,

errcode(ERRCODE_OBJECT_NOT_IN_PREREQUISITE_STATE),
                                        errmsg("table: \"%s.%s\" might have
replicated data in the publisher",
                                                   nspname, relname),
                                        errdetail("CREATE/ALTER SUBSCRIPTION
with origin = local and copy_data = on is not allowed when the publisher might
have replicated data."),
                                        errhint("Use CREATE/ALTER SUBSCRIPTION
with copy_data = off/force."));

                ExecClearTuple(slot);