On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 8:55 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> Amit Langote wrote:
>> Anyway, after reading your replies, I thought of taking a stab at unifying
>> the partitioning information that's cached by relcache.c.
>
> Wow.  Now that's one large patch.  I'm going to run with this for HEAD,
> but I think we should do a minimal fix for PG10.

Is there really a compelling reason to do more than minimal fixes in
HEAD?  We are (or should be) trying to stabilize this branch so we can
ship it and start the next one, and the chances that heavy hacking on
this will delay that process seem better than average.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company