Peter Geoghegan <p...@bowt.ie> writes:
> I took a look through all of the SQL files that the INCLUDE covering
> indexes patch added tests to. At no point do they leave behind any
> INCLUDE indexes. I'll do something about that as part of the INCLUDE
> patch that I'm working on at the moment.

A quick look at the current final state of the regression database
says

regression=# select indexrelid::regclass, indrelid::regclass from pg_index
where indnatts != indnkeyatts;
     indexrelid      |  indrelid
---------------------+-------------
 covidxpart1_a_b_idx | covidxpart1
 covidxpart_a_b_idx  | covidxpart
 covidxpart2_a_b_idx | covidxpart2
 covidxpart3_a_b_idx | covidxpart3
 covidxpart4_a_b_idx | covidxpart4
(5 rows)

So we've got *some*, but it sure looks like they were all added by the
patch to fix covering indexes for partitions.  I'd want to see some for
plain-table cases as well.

                        regards, tom lane