On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 11:59 PM Juan José Santamaría Flecha
<juanjo.santama...@gmail.com> wrote:
> TL;DR; What I want to show through this example is that Windows ACP is not
> modified by setlocale(), it can only be done through the Windows registry and
> only in recent releases.

Thanks, that was helpful, and so was that SO link.

So it sounds like I should forget about the v3-0002 patch, but the
v3-0001 and v3-0003 patches might have a future.  And it sounds like
we might need to investigate maybe defending ourselves against the ACP
being different than what we expect (ie not matching the database
encoding)?  Did I understand correctly that you're looking into that?