On 18 April 2018 at 19:52, Konstantin Knizhnik
<k.knizh...@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> As far as I know most of DBMSes have some kind of internal connection
> pooling.
> Oracle, for example, you can create dedicated and non-dedicated backends.
> I wonder why we do not want to have something similar in Postgres.

I want to, and I know many others to.

But the entire PostgreSQL architecture makes it hard to do well, and
means it requires heavy changes to do it in a way that will be
maintainable and reliable.

Making it work, and making something maintainble and mergeable, are
two different things. Something I continue to struggle with myself.