On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 1:26 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.m...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 1:46 PM John Naylor
> <john.nay...@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > While on the subject, I wonder how important it is to keep the chunks
in the small nodes in sorted order. That adds branches and memmove calls,
and is the whole reason for the recent "pg_lfind_ge" function.

> Good point. While keeping the chunks in the small nodes in sorted
> order is useful for visiting all keys in sorted order, additional
> branches and memmove calls could be slow.

Right, the ordering is a property that some users will need, so best to
keep it. Although the node128 doesn't have that property -- too slow to do
so, I think.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com