On 26.09.22 18:35, Andres Freund wrote:
9f5be26c1215 meson: Add docs for building with meson

I do like the overall layout of this.

The "Supported Platforms" section should be moved back to near the end
of the chapter.  I don't see a reason to move it forward, at least
none that is related to the meson issue.

The changes to the "Getting the Source" section are also not
appropriate for this patch.
We don't really support building from a tarball with meson yet (you'd need to
confiure, maintainer-clean, configure meson), so it does make some sense...

Okay, interesting point. I suggest that we write it as if that were fixed, and for the time being insert a <note> (or similar) explaining the above restriction. Otherwise we'll have to rewrite it again later.