Amit Langote <langote_amit...@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> On 2018/04/22 2:29, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I propose the attached slightly-less-invasive version of Amit's original
>> patch as what we should do in v10 and v11, and push the patch currently
>> under discussion out to v12.

> Here too.

Pushed.  It occurred to me at the last moment that we could partially
address one of my original concerns about this hack by converting TRUE
and FALSE to strings 'true' and 'false' not just 't' and 'f'.  Those
will be accepted by boolin just as well, and doing it like that slightly
reduces the astonishment factor if somebody writes TRUE for, say, a
text column's partbound.  I'd still prefer that we throw an error for
such a case, but that'll have to wait for v12.

                        regards, tom lane