On 06.10.22 17:19, Andres Freund wrote:
psql error: stderr: 'OPENSSL_Uplink(00007FFC165CBD50,08): no OPENSSL_Applink'
What in the world is that about?  What scant information I could find
suggests that it has something to do with building a "release" build against
an "debug" build of the openssl library, or vice versa.  But this patch
doesn't introduce any use of openssl that we haven't seen before.
It looks to me that one needs to compile, in some form, openssl/applink.c and
link it to the application. No idea why that'd be required now and not
earlier.

I have figured this out. The problem is that on Windows you can't reliably pass stdio FILE * handles between the application and OpenSSL. To give the helpful places I found some Google juice, I'll mention them here:

- https://github.com/edenhill/librdkafka/pull/3602
- https://github.com/edenhill/librdkafka/issues/3554
- https://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-users@openssl.org/msg91029.html