On Fri, Oct 14, 2022 at 3:39 AM Peter Eisentraut <
peter.eisentr...@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> These patches take the dozens of mostly-duplicate pg_foo_ownercheck()
> and pg_foo_aclcheck() functions and replace (most of) them by common
> functions that are driven by the ObjectProperty table.  All the required
> information is already in that table.
>
> This is similar to the consolidation of the drop-by-OID functions that
> we did a while ago (b1d32d3e3230f00b5baba08f75b4f665c7d6dac6).

Nice reduction in footprint!

I'd be inclined to remove the highly used ones as well. That way the
codebase would have more examples of object_ownercheck() for readers to
see. Seeing the existence of pg_FOO_ownercheck implies that a
pg_BAR_ownercheck might exist, and if BAR is missing they might be inclined
to re-add it.

If we do keep them, would it make sense to go the extra step and turn the
remaining six "regular" into static inline functions or even #define-s?