On 03.11.22 01:43, Antonin Houska wrote:
Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentr...@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

The CF entry is about privileges on publications.  Please rebase that patch
and repost it so that the CF app and the CF bot are up to date.

The rebased patch (with regression tests added) is attached here.

Some preliminary discussion:

What is the upgrade strategy? I suppose the options are either that publications have a default acl that makes them publicly accessible, thus preserving the existing behavior by default, or pg_dump would need to create additional GRANT statements when upgrading from pre-PG16. I don't see anything like either of these mentioned in the patch. What is your plan?

You might be interested in this patch, which relates to yours: https://commitfest.postgresql.org/40/3955/

Looking at your patch, I would also like to find a way to refactor away the ExecGrant_Publication() function. I'll think about that.

I think you should add some tests under src/test/regress/ for the new GRANT and REVOKE statements, just to have some basic coverage that it works. sql/publication.sql would be appropriate, I think.