On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 5:59 PM Sergey Shinderuk <s.shinde...@postgrespro.ru>
wrote:

> Not quite sure that we don't need to do anything for the
> WINDOWAGG_PASSTHROUGH_STRICT case. Although, we won't return any more
> tuples for the current partition, we still call ExecProject with
> dangling pointers. Is it okay?

AFAIU once we go into WINDOWAGG_PASSTHROUGH_STRICT we will spool all the
remaining tuples in the current partition without storing them and then
move to the next partition if available and become WINDOWAGG_RUN again
or become WINDOWAGG_DONE if there are no further partitions.  It seems
we would not have chance to see the dangling pointers.

> +   if (!func_strict(opexpr->opfuncid))
> +       return false;
>
> Should return true instead?

Yeah, you're right.  This should be a thinko.

Thanks
Richard