On 3 May 2018 at 11:38, David G. Johnston <david.g.johns...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe "Partition Filtering" (I'm disliking selection, I'm thinking we must
> always select partitions)

I don't see why "Filtering" is any different from pruning, they both
imply removing something that was once there. What I'm saying is, that
it's backward to think of what we have now as pruning, so I don't
think renaming it to "partition filtering" addresses my concern.

FWIW, I'm not set on changing this. I just want to discuss this now so
that the chances of having regrets about this later are reduced.