Le 04/01/2023 à 19:18, Nathan Bossart a écrit :
On Wed, Jan 04, 2023 at 02:25:13PM +0100, Gilles Darold wrote:
This is the current behavior of the CLUSTER command and current patch adds a
sentence about the silent behavior in the documentation. This is good but I
just want to ask if we could want to fix this behavior too or just keep
things like that with the lack of noise.
I've proposed something like what you are describing in another thread [0].
I intended to simply fix and document the current behavior in this thread
and to take up any new changes in the other one.

Got it, this is patch add_cluster_skip_messages.patch . IMHO this patch should be part of this commitfest as it is directly based on this one. You could create a second patch here that adds the warning message so that committers can decide here if it should be applied.

--
Gilles Darold