On 15.02.23 19:04, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
That said, I think most of this code is invoked for DDL, where
performance is not so critical; probably just fixing
get_object_property_data to not be so naïve would suffice.

Ok, I'll look into that.

Queries are another matter.  I can't think of a way to determine which
of these paths are used for queries, so that we can optimize more (IOW:
just plain not rewrite those); manually going through the callers seems
a bit laborious, but perhaps doable.

The "is visible" functions are only used for the likes of psql, pg_dump, query tree reversing, object descriptions -- nothing that is in a normal query unless you explicitly call it.

The get_*_oid() functions are used mostly for DDL to find conflicting objects. The text-search related ones can be invoked via some user functions, if you specify a TS object other than the default one. I will check into what the impact of that is.