On 09.02.23 16:30, Nazir Bilal Yavuz wrote:
On 2/8/23 13:30, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

If you feel that your patch is ready, please add it to the commit fest. I look forward to reviewing it.

Thanks! Commit fest entry link: https://commitfest.postgresql.org/42/4173/

I tested this a bit.  It works fine.  The approach makes sense to me.

The install_additional_files script could be simplified a bit. You could use os.makedirs(dest, exist_ok=True) and avoid the error checking. I don't think any callers try to copy a directory source, so the shutil.copytree() stuff isn't necessary. Run pycodestyle over the script. And let's put the script into src/tools/ like the other support scripts.