Hi Amit, all

> > For that test, my goal was to ensure/show that the invalidation callback
> > is triggered after `DROP / CREATE INDEX` commands.
> >

> Fair point. I suggest in that case just keep one of the tests for Drop
> Index such that after that it will pick up a sequence scan. However,
> just do the poll for the number of index scans stat once. I think that
> will cover the case you are worried about without having a noticeable
> impact on test timing.

So, after dropping the index, it is not possible to poll for the idxscan.

But, I think, after the drop index, it is enough to check if the
modification
is applied properly on the target (wait_for_catchup + safe_psql).
If it were to cache the indexOid, the update/delete would fail anyway.

Attaching v47.

Thanks,
Onder KALACI